Visa & Immigration
Foreign nationals may enter the Kingdom of Thailand through various land checkpoints, airports and seaports all over the country. The most direct way to get to Bangkok is to fly using commercial airline to Suvarnabhumi Airport (IATA code: BKK) or Don Mueang International Airport (IATA code: DMK). These are well-connected airports servicing many major carriers from all over the world.
Generally, a foreign citizen who wishes to enter the Kingdom of Thailand is required to obtain a visa from a Royal Thai Embassy or a Royal Thai Consulate-General. However, nationals of certain countries do not require a visa.
• Those nationalities which are exempted from visa requirements when entering Thailand for tourism purposes will be permitted to stay in the Kingdom for a period of not exceeding 30 days.
• Nationals of certain countries may apply for visa upon arrival in Thailand for a period of stay not exceeding 15 days.
You will find a summary of countries and territories entitled for Visa Exemption and Visa on Arrival to Kingdom of Thailand at http://www.consular.go.th/main/contents/files/customize-20160211-172258-195471.pdf
Conference participants are also requested to refer the official Thailand tourism website below for your visa and other requirements. www.mfa.go.th
We strongly advise checking entry and visa requirements related to visitors from your country before making travel arrangements. For accurate information please contact the Royal Thai embassy/consulate in your home country or visit the Thai Immigration Bureau official website HERE.
• We strongly advise participants to personally check entry and visa requirements before making travel arrangements as there might be country-specific conditions that you are not aware of. For most accurate information please contact the Thai embassy/consulate in your home country.
• The secretariat will NOT issue any Letter of Sponsorship or Letter of Guarantee if you are required to do so by the immigration department. It is the participants’ sole responsibility to obtain such documents.
• The secretariat will not refund anyone for cancellations due to visa rejections or participant’s inability to enter the country.
• We cannot change the decision of the Thai Embassy or any other government departments, nor will we appeal to the embassy on behalf of the applicant.
• All questions/concerns regarding the status of your visa should be directed to the Thai Embassy in your home country.
• In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the information provided on this page.